CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Collins Aerospace will showcase a range of established, market-leading products alongside key new developments
for the defense market at DSEI, stand (N6-370), Sept. 10-13. Collins Aerospace is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
UTC Aerospace Systems at DSEI 2013 - Our display:
- Advanced composite components including transmission shafts, pressure vessels,
magnet retention sleeves and fuel pipes created using precise fiber placement methods such as filament winding and stitching. Also demonstrated
will be the company's patented composite to metallic joint technology; the unique press-fit system requires no adhesive and thus there is no diminution
in strength or performance.
- The latest decklock devices. These are a critical part of the system for securing and manoeuvring helicopters during operation from smaller
ships such as frigates or Coast Guard cutters. All electric versions are being developed for VTUAV (Vertical Take-off Unmanned Air Vehicle) operations.
- The Vireo™ unmanned aerial system (UAS) which is applicable to a wide variety of markets and offers low-cost, effective and flexible surveillance
from a variety of sensors types, including electro optical and infra-red. This UAS is designed to deliver actionable data to law enforcement, government
agencies, agriculture producers and first responders.
- The TERPROM® digital terrain system. A software-based system that successfully blends and interprets the inputs of a diverse array of sensors
to provide the aircraft pilot and crew with full situational awareness, enabling them to fly far more safely and effectively - even in areas where
GPS is not available. It is in use with 14 nations worldwide on over 5,000 aircraft.
- Micro electro-mechanical systems (MEMS)-based inertial measurement units (IMU) and integrated inertial navigation/GPS systems - including the
company's TITAN tactical grade IMU capability, launched at this year's DSEI. These extremely small, rugged and lightweight units deliver proven,
consistent, precision guidance with low manufacturing costs and swift production start-up times for a wide variety of weapons and platforms, including
- The Cloud Cap Technology TASE family of lightweight, gyro-stabilized camera systems. Designed to provide exquisite day/night surveillance imaging
for manned and unmanned applications, these cameras provide real-time imagery with unsurpassed stability for many surveillance, inspection and
monitoring requirements including law enforcement, fire-fighting and environmental monitoring as well as the rapidly growing, small military unmanned
aerial system (UAS) market.
- The DB-110 real-time, day/night digital, tactical reconnaissance solution. This provides long-range, dual-band EO/IR imaging and fixed and mobile
intelligence exploitation and is suitable for use on fast-jets, large UAVs and business jets. DB-110 has already been selected by a number of countries.
- The Intelligence Exploitation System (IES). In wide use with both NATO and other countries, this system ingests data from multiple sensors,
disseminating the resultant fused intelligence rapidly to relevant personnel.
- Proven solid state power controllers (SSPCs), in-service for over 15 years and ideal for fixed and rotary wing military aircraft where effective power
distribution is required and space is at a premium.
Technical staff will be available throughout the show to discuss all products on display.
Collins Aerospace designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. Collins Aerospace supports
a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.
United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high technology products and services to the building and